Thursday, September 30, 2010

So, I guess I've just been in this sort of funk lately. I can't decide the source of my sadness. I really think it's just a mixture of things going around in my brain and feelings that I'm having inside. I think this is the opportune time to be creative. I posted two new videos to my youtube account a couple of nights ago. They are two different versions of the same song and, I've just been looking for people's input as to which one they like better. I don't have super awesome equipment so I just use my little digital camera to record myself. I thought I would do two variations and see what hits home with folks the most. You can check out the videos here. Just leave a comment on the video you like best. The two to choose from are the most recent videos I have posted.

Also, something exciting for me happened on Friday, September 24th. An artist I admire greatly came through the Charlotte area and I got to meet him and chat for a while. His name is Matthew Santos and he's really quite a dear. Saying that, I know all of these musicians and artists that we love are really just people, like the rest of us. However, I get excited very easily. If there is a chance that can speak with anyone who loves music and is just as passionate about it as I am I get little butterflies. Why? I would say firstly because, I don't know if I'll ever get to talk to that person again. Secondly, music just really gets me that pumped! I really wish everyone could feel a deep connection to music but, not all of us do. I think it is the equivalent of a drug to me. It is my addiction. Something I can't live without. So with all of that said, after I managed to calm down a little but (no I wasn't crying or acting like a complete fool...not more than usual anyhow) I was able to have excellent discourse with a musician I love, and a person who loves music just as much as I do. This man really cares about the people that come out to see him, and he intently listens to what they have to say. Even if it is "Like totally, OMG, I came out to see Trevor but you totally blew me away! Great stuff!" I think the night I saw him he was able to recruit a number of fans. What impresses me more is the fact that he has stuck to what is true to his heart and hasn't sold himself to a major record label, compromising his style just for the money. For great artists it really isn't about the money. I love this. I mean, trust me, everyone is trying to make money, but if you hate every minute of it and lose a part of yourself, what's the point? On that note, Please do read his blog. You can find out more about his brush with fame and what is going on in his world. It is well worth the read and, as of now, he only has two entires so you can get caught up to date and continue to follow him. He is very well written. Much more than I'll ever be, so it is quite enjoyable to sit down for 15 minutes or so just to find out what's going on in his life. To close I will share a photo of myself with Matthew when we met. I look awful in it...oh well. (Side note: I was able to give him some of my music to listen to. I hope he likes it. haha!)




No comments:

Post a Comment